May 8th - 22nd 2016
Every school a prayed for school! That is the vision of Pray for Schools - to mobilise Christians to support their school communities through prayer. Young people spend the majority of their waking hours in school - far more than in church or at home. We know schools have a huge impact of the attitudes, ideas and thinking of young people, about themselves, the world, and God. Knowing people are praying for you makes such a difference. By praying for your local school, you demonstrate God's heart for your community in a really tangible way.
The vision of Pray for Schools fortnight is to bring together people from local churches and others involved in education - parents, students,teachers, governors, staff and volunteers - to pray strategically for schools in their area and those involved in them. This year's theme is Freedom. 2 Corinthians 3: 17 "For the Lord is Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is their is freedom!"
How Can I Pray?
- Pray for the school(s) attended by the children and young people in your family
- Pray for the school(s) the children in your church go to
- If you know any teachers, pray for them and the schools they work in
- Pray for the school closest to where you live, or closest to your church
- Pray for your own school, or the school(s) you went to when you were younger
Things to Pray for
- Opportunities for the pupils to hear and respond to the Gospel
- Biblical values to be honoured and upheld in all areas of school life
- Practical issues affecting the school
- Needs of those working within the school and families connected to it
- Wider education issues
For more information,. go to www.prayforschools.org