Saturday, 8 January 2011

Yep, more snow!

This morning undeterred by another three inches of snow some of our guys met for breakfast. Andy shared and there was a chance to pray, in particular for Andy who is off on business to Canada and Iain, leaving Thursday for Athens.  The roads were all passable and part of Andrew Carnegie's Birthplace car park had already been cleared. Yep, really!!

This morning the surveyor who will project management the reinstatement work was in to check out all that needed to be done. An electrician to look at the lighting on the back stairs is a priority for the next few days as is someone to attend to the broken guttering.  We also do need the restoration team in as soon as possible to really take forward the drying out of the building.  It may be that floor boards will need to be replaced.  The List B angle will also come in to play with possible planning permission required for parts of the work.  We will work with a number of contractors.  If you are able to volunteer to be in and around the building at various points over the next few weeks, should we require cover during the day, please contact Mo or Ruth, in the church office.

And tomorrow?  We are excited about the opportunities this week  to focus in on prayer and seeking God together as a church. The forecasts are well................varied.  So when we get out of bed tomorrow we will know where we are at. If we at all can, the services will be on. As ever we would love to see everyone but be wise and be safe.  If there is a need to cancel,  this blog will be updated at 9am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment